JOB TITLE: Communications Specialist (initially part-time)
- Copywriting for websites, marketing collateral, electronic newsletters, radio/TV/print ads, and promotional videos, working to capture the essence of a client’s business in a succinct, creative, persuasive fashion. Utilize different writing styles for different industries and media.
- Research and understand a client’s business, tone, and creative style to develop content that best meets the desired goals.
- Work with clients to compose press releases, place guest editorials, coordinate media events, write talking points, and pitch stories to media outlets. Work with media and client accordingly.
- Keep up with current events, local and national news coverage.
- Create social media marketing plans, working with clients to manage, plan, and grow their social media presence by developing relevant, content-rich information, creative imagery, and monitoring posts.
- Provide clients with monthly reports of their social media success.
- Keep up on the latest social media trends, strategies, and tracking methods.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Assistance with media buying for clients.
- Assistance with event planning for clients.
- Assistance with KMK Media’s own promotional efforts.
- Other projects as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field plus a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Thorough working knowledge of tools and technology for social media management including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn.
- Macintosh operating knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions.
- Excellent creative writing skills to effectively promote a client’s business across a variety of platforms.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while estimating times for completion and meeting set deadlines.
- Professional and courteous demeanor in all client and staff interactions.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic thinker, able to pinpoint the relevant points to a client’s issue, business, service, product or event, and research accordingly to help solve marketing problems.
This is a flexible, part-time position with a potential to expand to full-time.