JOB TITLE: Part-Time transitioning to Full-Time
Work on exciting projects with clients like Hard Rock Casino Rockford...SwedishAmerican Health System...Winnebago County and regional schools. Join the BEST marketing firm in Northern Illinois, KMK Media Group. Are you energetic? Organized? Are you an excellent writer, experienced with social media, PR, websites and ad copy? How do you feel about birthday and staff lunches...free coffee and snacks...a private office and laughter heard in the hallways every day? You'll also be happily greeted each morning by the wagging tails of KMK's canine office mascots!
Flexible hours, fun environment. Reach out to any of our team members and ask what it's like to work at KMK Media Group! https://kmkmedia.com/team
- Copywriting for websites, marketing collateral, electronic newsletters, radio/TV/print ads, and promotional videos, working to capture the essence of a client’s business in a succinct, creative, persuasive fashion. Utilize different writing styles for different industries and media.
- Research and understand a client’s business, tone, and creative style to develop content that best meets the desired goals.
- Work with clients to compose press releases, place guest editorials, coordinate media events, write talking points, and pitch stories to media outlets. Work with media and client accordingly.
- Keep up with current events, local and national news coverage.
- Create social media marketing plans, working with clients to manage, plan, and grow their social media presence by developing relevant, content-rich information, creative imagery, and monitoring posts.
- Provide clients with monthly reports of their social media success.
- Keep up on the latest social media trends, strategies, and tracking methods.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Assistance with media buying for clients.
- Assistance with event planning for clients.
- Assistance with KMK Media’s own promotional efforts.
- Other projects as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field plus a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Thorough working knowledge of tools and technology for social media management including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn.
- Macintosh operating knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions.
- Excellent creative writing skills to effectively promote a client’s business across a variety of platforms.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while estimating times for completion and meeting set deadlines.
- Professional and courteous demeanor in all client and staff interactions.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic thinker, able to pinpoint the relevant points to a client’s issue, business, service, product or event, and research accordingly to help solve marketing problems.
This is a flexible, part-time position with the potential to expand to full-time.